Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 2016 Afi. After a day or 2 of touring on long trips the seat is agony on my back and I use a air hawk that cures the issue . But as a permanent fix has anyone had a seat re padded or gel fitted and by whom and has it improved the seat comfort. As I want to keep the bike as I love it and cant justify a upgrade to the new model

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seat Concepts makes two different seats for the AT. There's a Rally version which is at least a couple inches taller actually looks line a single flat seat. And a regular one which is what I went with and I have to say it's about the most comfortable seat I've ever had on a motorcycle, they really nailed it when they shaped this seat. The rear of the riders seat is about the same height as stock but they raised the front to eliminate the forward slide into the tank slope. The rider's bucket portion is about 3/4" wider on each side and the sides raised up just a smidge rather than roll down. I like to be able to shift around so I didn't choose their "gripper" cover. Also I prefer my seats pretty firm so I requested they use foam for a 290 pound rider even though I weigh 180 and it's perfect for me, just slightly softer than what Corbin uses.
$229 gets you the reshaped foam for the front seat along with a pre-fitted cover, and also a pre-fitted cover for the stock rear seat so they both match.You staple them on yourself which is easy peasy, or ship your seats to them and they'll do them for a small charge maybe $25 per seat. I just bought a air stapler and box of 1/4" staples from Harbor Freight do mine myself because shipping seats across the country is expensive.
https://seat-concepts.myshopify.com/collections/honda/products/honda-africa-twin?variant=29997706956

·
Registered
792 Posts
Gel seats are a bit of a myth. The gel acts as a suppressor of vibration and does little in the way of adding real comfort. Why does the likes of Corbin, Seat Concepts, Sargent not use gel ? Of course, anyone who’s invested in a gel seat will swear by them.....but I think they’re just a placebo for their arse. I had my 800 Vtec seat altered with a gel insert.....made little to no difference.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Gel seats are a bit of a myth. The gel acts as a suppressor of vibration and does little in the way of adding real comfort. Why does the likes of Corbin, Seat Concepts, Sargent not use gel ? Of course, anyone who’s invested in a gel seat will swear by them.....but I think they’re just a placebo for their arse. I had my 800 Vtec seat altered with a gel insert.....made little to no difference.
I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, my arse disagrees. And whatever my arse says, goes!:grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts