Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a left over 17 DCT tomorrow. looking forward to a 220 mile ride home. Deciding on the DCT was a no brainer as I already have a 18 Gold Wing Tour DCT.My brother has a 17 AT manual and I have a KLR 650 as well. We both did the TN part of the Trans American Trail this past week and had a blast. Looking forward to reading the posts on this site.

·
Super Moderator
6,346 Posts
Excellent Nissantech. Congratulations on yer '17 AT DCT, and welcome to the Forum!

Remember to share some pics!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Good luck on your new bike. I am doing just the opposite. I purchased my Africa Twin last fall, and am now considering a new Goldwing. I am doing manual on both. I came from the KLR world as well.

·
Registered
2017 DCT
330 Posts
Welcome! I picked up a NOS 2017 DCT last September and am very pleased with it. Have about 3,000 miles on it, with zero problems, so far!

Stock tires are ok on the street... if you go to gravel roads or beyond, there are better choices.

I found getting the sag set right, then fooling with the compression damping and rebound damping (more) made an enormous difference in handling. I weigh about 180 with gear, plus all the junk I added for crashbars and such.

Used to ride a Valkyrie... love flat 6 engines, but the AT is something entirely different. Have fun!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,975 Posts
Hi and welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts