Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready for my first big trip and did a practice pack to see how much space I need. That is pretty everything I need for a 9 day trip on the 40L bag at the back. Camera and some lenses in the Tank bag and camel bag will be on my back.

Other things done on the bike:
  • SW Motech engine guards
  • Bark Busters
  • Larger foot for the side stand
  • SW Motech centre stand
  • Mitas E07+ front and rear tyre

So far the bike with the extra weight feels good and the Mitas are only about 300kms in, but behaving well on road. I will give them a try on dirt and sand in a couple of weeks time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank mate. The tail bag is the Nelson Rigg Hurricane 40L backpack. I put travel luggage dividers in it as well to keep things a bit more organised.

It is proper waterproof. The bag is quick to clip on/off so I put the belly strap under the pillion seat for a bit of security.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Have a safe trip! I'd love to see some pictures and read a little report about your trip if you're so inclined. I hope I can visit your country one of these days. It's definitely a bucket list item for me. Bike looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a safe trip! I'd love to see some pictures and read a little report about your trip if you're so inclined. I hope I can visit your country one of these days. It's definitely a bucket list item for me. Bike looks great!
Thanks mate I am super excited and will definitely get some pictures and do a write-up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for the info about your tail bag. I think I will be ordering one soon as I have been looking for one that size.

And as said before - take pictures!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts