Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That bracket takes the most work! It's also needed if you install a Givi skid plate for the AT.
Yep that’s the one that was a right pain , the instructions are pretty poor too, you have to remove the whole of the exhaust guard, which is a truck in itself, but then nowhere in the instructions does it mention to refit it, but as you can see I did refit it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might notice my green marker pen lines on the rear brake pedal too.

the Givi instructions don’t mention it, but as it’s only one bolt it makes your life so much easier to remove it the brake pedal completely.

As it was the rear fixed nut on that mount had a bad thread, so I had to get the taps out to clean and renew that thread which was so much easier with no brake pedal in the way!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could have saved yourself some green ink, the rear brake has a wee dot on the shaft that lines up with the slit in the pedal.
Yep I’m sure we that is there but couldn’t see it easily so a quick green dab helped.

plus I learned my lesson with the front brake mounting when fixjng the barkbusters.

they too have a white dot on the gold handlebar and the brake lever clamp to show the alignment.

unfortunately when you have to slide them back and forth a few times both are quickly lost!

so again a green dab helps me out!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts