Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Givi Hand Protectors? Ad photo below. Likes/dislikes/better than OEM?

I would like to get sturdier handguards, but would like ones that mount like the OEM ones. I have mounted numberous aftermarket to dirtbikes and would like to avoid the typical mountings they use.

Thanks in advance! (FYI: I searched and didn't see a thread addressing them, but might of missed it)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I have them, easy fitting and much better coverage akin to my Varadero.
Thanks for the reply. May I ask if they mount like the stock ones to the inside portion of the handlebar location aka onto the brake/clutch bracket mounts (not the handgrip/bar end, but the other mounting point)? Or do they have their own mounting brackets to the handlebar?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They use the stock mountings plus one extra small bolt where the OE have a moulded clip.

View attachment 36322

View attachment 36330

View attachment 36338
Ptwin; Thank You so much for the info. I hate ordering something that you 'believe' 'might' work, but not sure and then face either acceptance if it isn't what you expected OR typically face shipping and restocking fees. Online buying has advantages for sure. Sometimes though, holding and seeing the item in it's entirety is priceless.

Thanks again from the bottom of my billfold! :smile2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts