Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for anyone interested in fitting the Givi S250 tool box, the mounting kit TL1178KIT does not fit, even though it is supposed to be specifically for the CRF1100L Adventure Sport. It’s not just a small discrepancy either, it absolutely will not fit, even if modified. Obviously GIVI didnt even bother to try it themselves. F2816368-5770-453D-AECF-4DF47371512C.jpeg Tt

·
Registered
20 Posts
That really is poor. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Wonder whether the universal fitting kit would fit instead? That one looks like it’s got adjustable sliding fittings? Hope you can return/ exchange the one you have! 🤞🏼

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s partly my fault (as pointed out to me by the seller) the TL1178KIT is for GIVI panniers rails, not OEM honda ones (which are GIVI). I clicked on the drop down boxes to check it was for the CRF1100L Adventure Sport, which it verified, but in the description says “Givi TL1178KIT Specific Kit to install S250 Tool Box on Givi panniers.”

Lesson learnt by me, dont assume just because the panniers and rails are made by GIVI, that GIVI products will be compatible, even if it confirms its for your bike. I just had it my head it was the kit for the 1100 (which it is, but only if you have the GIVI branded rails, which are completely different now I’ve looked at them). Fortunately it was only €38 I’ve thrown away.

I do love making mistakes :unsure:, that way I get to learn something :giggle: and hopefully now you guys have learnt something too (please dont be too harsh on me
;))

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger on this box but luckily noticed the same note about it only being for their racks, I am putting Outback Motortek racks on my bike. I’m going to make a tool tube instead.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
It’s partly my fault (as pointed out to me by the seller) the TL1178KIT is for GIVI panniers rails, not OEM honda ones (which are GIVI). I clicked on the drop down boxes to check it was for the CRF1100L Adventure Sport, which it verified, but in the description says “Givi TL1178KIT Specific Kit to install S250 Tool Box on Givi panniers.”

Lesson learnt by me, dont assume just because the panniers and rails are made by GIVI, that GIVI products will be compatible, even if it confirms its for your bike. I just had it my head it was the kit for the 1100 (which it is, but only if you have the GIVI branded rails, which are completely different now I’ve looked at them). Fortunately it was only €38 I’ve thrown away.

I do love making mistakes :unsure:, that way I get to learn something :giggle: and hopefully now you guys have learnt something too (please dont be too harsh on me
;))
Here at the AT Forum I detect that few (if any) members judge the other. That is quite refreshing.

In regards to farkle shopping pages, decent sites tend to better emphasize part implementations with words like, " ... Part foo must be installed first prior to Part foo2 ... ". Better sites try to put this in your face with bold font. I try to slow down when something seems too easy. :unsure: Also, don't drink and shop works well. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts