Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been making my own luggage racks for each of my bikes to accept my Givi trunk. I'm a machinists so being able to do such a mod is just right down my alley.

For the AT I chose 3/8 alum. plate 12 1/2" X 12 1/2" X 3/8". The plate shown is larger but this would be the dimension needed to complete this project. Cost was $20.00
I'm using a Givi universal trunk mount that I stole off the wee strom before I sold it.

The material with the grid marked out. Holes are 1.415" apart laterally then the next row is between the upper and they are .708" down.

Trimmed off the excess and now the setup.

Probe X, Y, Z

Drilling done, did not take a pic though.

Tapping 3/8"-16

All done cept I used too small of a counter sink for the AT rear rack mount holes to accept a 1/2"-13 flat head SS fastener.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I had to countersink the mount holes deeper on a knee mill. The finished product.

Ready to mount! Using 1/2"*13 SS nylock and small OD M12 washers.

Mounted! The thru holes in the AT rear rack are .490" to accept a M12 bolt. I tapped the holes with a 1/2"-13 tap which allowed the bolt to just thread in. NOT to be used to fasten together though!

Givi trunk adapter plate mounted!

Now my AT has a proper fat ass!

This mount plate also includes the holes needed to just use a givi mount kit instead of using the mount plate. If anyone would like a copy of the program that would have all the hole locations needed I would be happy to pm them to you.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Hi Vinnie,

Would you mind telling me what the mounted width is of your Givi E21 panniers on your AT?Are you using the Givi PLR1144 quick release racks?

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello
Have you installed the PLR1144 racks? I have them but can?t figure out how to route the turn signal wires after mounting the relocation brackets. Any ideas?
Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts