Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently bought the GIVI D1144ST windscreen for my 2017 Africa twin. I haven't installed it yet due concerns around fitment.

When I place the Givi screen overtop the stock screen to compare hole location, the top left and right holes appear to be approximately 3mm off.

Has anyone had any fitment issues with this particular screen? I don't want to attempt to install it and damage the screen in case I need to return it

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Putting one on top of the other will make the holes seem off. Do to the curve of the screens. To change the screens, without pushing out the grommet into the fairing. DO NOT TAKE THE BOTTOM SCREWS TOTALLY OUT. Take the tops screws out. Loosen bottom screws, then push the whole screen down till you feel it thumps loose. (The bottom screw grommets are in a key hole slot.) Then pull in to you, out and off. Put the screws on the new the same way. Install in opposite order. I was able to fish my grommet back. Then noticed the key hole slot. Hope this helps. Don.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've got this screen too for winter and touring. It's great and very well made. Optically very clear so okay to duck down behind it if needed. You do need to be quite tall to look over it so I wouldn't recommend to people with short torso's or below 6ft.
Also remember to keep the rubber spacers and transfer onto the givi screen and don't tighten the rubber grommets too hard. Once the spacers start getting squished, stop tightening.
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate your feedback.

What's helpful is the height suggestion. I'm actually 5'7 with the low seat installed. The stock screen (with a peaked visor) hits me right in the face. I figured the Givi screen would solve all wind problem's, however, I wonder if it will be distracting if I am viewing through the screen oppose to over it.

Makes me wonder if the batzen screen riser would be more appropriate given my height of 5'7", as I could adjust it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
No worries, happy to help.
On a nice clear day with a clean screen you won’t have any problems. Drive through an area with loads of bugs or in the rain and having a screen in your way will become a problem. For my large screens, I always want to be looking slightly over them and able to hunch forward and be covered completely, like it get with the Givi touring screen.
At your height and low seat, perhaps try a lower screen instead. But not the Givi sport screen, because being Matt black, it will likely block too much of the road view too. But for me it works great with no buffeting, just lots of clean air, but you have to be able to see over it.Givi also do a mid screen but I think it’s about same height as the oem one. Touratech and powerbronze do low clear screens I think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts