Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at getting some new gloves and would like to hear from the 2020 crowd (or anyone else) on what summer gloves they are using that works well with the touchscreen...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Love would be a bit strong, but these work pretty good.
Cheap knock from Cycle Gear. If I remember right it is a copy of a Fox glove. The name on the glove is Bilt.
Works really well with the phone.
Very thin and light, with fake carbon fiber knuckle protection.

Because cheap is cheap, just because this specific pair works well with the phone, I'd try a pair on and manipulate your phone screen to be sure.

Pros:
*Works great with the phone screen
*Thin and easy to feel through
*Pretty tough. I've used them on the dirt bike as well.
*Built with enough curl to be comfortable around the grips
*Good grip on the grips
*Washed them twice now with no noticable damage
*Reasonable price

Cons:
*I'm not a fan of straps, velcro or otherwise
*A bit short, when I wear an MX jersey there is bare skin between the glove and jersey. On long rides I get a funny tan line around the wrists.
*Cheesy fake Carbon Fiber makes me wonder how bad my knuckles would get cut up if it fractures

Would I buy them again?
Yes, unless a better glove was on a close out sale. It's a good "bang-for-the-buck" option.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love would be a bit strong, but these work pretty good.
Cheap knock from Cycle Gear. If I remember right it is a copy of a Fox glove. The name on the glove is Bilt.
Works really well with the phone.
Very thin and light, with fake carbon fiber knuckle protection.

Because cheap is cheap, just because this specific pair works well with the phone, I'd try a pair on and manipulate your phone screen to be sure.

Pros:
*Works great with the phone screen
*Thin and easy to feel through
*Pretty tough. I've used them on the dirt bike as well.
*Built with enough curl to be comfortable around the grips
*Good grip on the grips
*Washed them twice now with no noticable damage
*Reasonable price

Cons:
*I'm not a fan of straps, velcro or otherwise
*A bit short, when I wear an MX jersey there is bare skin between the glove and jersey. On long rides I get a funny tan line around the wrists.
*Cheesy fake Carbon Fiber makes me wonder how bad my knuckles would get cut up if it fractures

Would I buy them again?
Yes, unless a better glove was on a close out sale. It's a good "bang-for-the-buck" option.
View attachment 56376
Been into the local power sport dealer and asked them if they had any that said they worked on touchscreen’s . The kid had no clue and said to try them on and see. Found a set of Fox that actually worked but didn’t say anything on the package/tag about being “screen friendly” but they didn’t have my size, seems to me they had those gloves you were talking about above, but as what currently the new normal they were pretty much out of every size except x-small..
Thanks for the write up !

Reactions: sheath

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have read that Clarino is touch screen sensitive. It's a popular/cheaper choice for gloves than leather.
Fox uses this in some of their gloves.
The MX gloves I've had with Clarino have a great soft feel with good grip. I seem to get less blisters with them than with leather, or cloth materials.

I found the link for the Bilt gloves. They don't mention being touch screen sensitive, so it would definitely be something to check before buying.
Bilt Diversion Gloves

·
Administrator
1,750 Posts
Revit Dirt and Sand 3 both have very good touch screen pads. Version 2's used to work well until they unraveled, but they improved them on version 3's with a blackout leather pad.

Klim Induction Glove with Klim's "Mult-E-Touch smart device functionality" is also a good option.

If you are looking to go cheap or already have a favorite set of gloves, you can try the stick on pads route, but be aware that they need to be changed every couple of months, which is probably why the package includes 2 sets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have seen a lot of riders who do a lot of riding, wearing Rev'it gear.
I'd never heard of this company coming from the dirt bike side of things.

At first I thought it was an in-house brand for Revzilla., like ARC/Battleborn is for Rocky Mountain MC.
Seems like they make some pretty excellent stuff.

·
Administrator
1,750 Posts
I have seen a lot of riders who do a lot of riding, wearing Rev'it gear.
I'd never heard of this company coming from the dirt bike side of things.

At first I thought it was an in-house brand for Revzilla., like ARC/Battleborn is for Rocky Mountain MC.
Seems like they make some pretty excellent stuff.
Yeah, Revit has nothing to do with Revzilla. They are a Holland-based company. Revzilla/Cycle Gear have their own in house brands like Bilt, Sedici, Street & Steel and a few others.

Revit isn't as big in the off-road clothing as Fly, Klim, Fox, and others, but the Dirt and then Sand gloves get progressively more off-road-oriented and breathable than say the street-oriented Cayanne Pro (which lacks the touch screen pads).

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Revit Dirt and Sand 3 both have very good touch screen pads. Version 2's used to work well until they unraveled, but they improved them on version 3's with a blackout leather pad.

Klim Induction Glove with Klim's "Mult-E-Touch smart device functionality" is also a good option.

If you are looking to go cheap or already have a favorite set of gloves, you can try the stick on pads route, but be aware that they need to be changed every couple of months, which is probably why the package includes 2 sets.

Well ordered a pair of Klim Induction, we’ll see how they last.. had some old, old Fox gloves (dirt paw) that I got in the mid 80’s and found a while ago. Used them for a few years recently (and for a couple years back in the 80’s). Finally they got a small spot that stared to look a bit worn. So I thought I’ll get another pair; after all these gloves did last roughly through 6 years of abuse. Got a new pair of the same model and they lasted just over a year. Sad considering the old gloves are still useable, the worn spot is just a area that the smooth finish has worn through and is just a little thinner in that area. In contrast the new ones got thin and a small hole. Guess Fox WAS making, to good of a product and wasn’t getting enough turnaround or maybe I just happened to get a bad one...

Reactions: Cuchulainn

·
Administrator
1,750 Posts
I have had good luck with Klim Gear including their gloves. The Adventure GTX short is one of my favorite gloves for warm weather travel where it may rain. But pretty much all my gloves are Klim or Revit with the exception of a pair of Held "Steve" gloves that I just can't kill. I have those gloves for 12 years and a couple of offs.

Fox can be a little hit or miss for QC. I have a pair of Fox dirt gloves that seem to be holding up fine, BUT they were a warranty replacement for a pair where one started to fall apart after about a month.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had good luck with Klim Gear including their gloves. The Adventure GTX short is one of my favorite gloves for warm weather travel where it may rain. But pretty much all my gloves are Klim or Revit with the exception of a pair of Held "Steve" gloves that I just can't kill. I have those gloves for 12 years and a couple of offs.

Fox can be a little hit or miss for QC. I have a pair of Fox dirt gloves that seem to be holding up fine, BUT they were a warranty replacement for a pair where one started to fall apart after about a month.

Did consider those Knox gloves, they looked really good too, but the shipping was a bit to much ( not their fault ).
In the end the Klim had a butt load more reviews and of all those very few were negative, very few were negative on all of them...

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Did consider those Knox gloves, they looked really good too, but the shipping was a bit to much ( not their fault ).
In the end the Klim had a butt load more reviews and of all those very few were negative, very few were negative on all of them...
Don't you really mean, " ... Klim had a :poop: load more reviews ... "? :)

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't you really mean, " ... Klim had a :poop: load more reviews ... "? :)
ROFL yea they had a 💩 ton..
They do seem to be the :poop: when it comes to gloves..

·
Administrator
1,750 Posts
Metric ton or imperial ton?

The Knox gloves seem to be a bit like Held as far as distribution to the US. You can find them for awhile, then you can't. Not sure what a warranty claim would be like if you had to make one.

I ended up having to order a replacement pair of Held Air and Dry for my wife directly from Germany, even though the original pair was available at several local shops at one time.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Metric ton or imperial ton?

The Knox gloves seem to be a bit like Held as far as distribution to the US. You can find them for awhile, then you can't. Not sure what a warranty claim would be like if you had to make one.

I ended up having to order a replacement pair of Held Air and Dry for my wife directly from Germany, even though the original pair was available at several local shops at one time.

Well ain’t that some 💩

lol usually on most my stuff the warranty runs out then the stuff screws up..

·
Administrator
1,750 Posts
Well ain’t that some

lol usually on most my stuff the warranty runs out then the stuff screws up..
Speaking of which, I noticed RevZilla is offering 1 or 2 year extended warranties on at least some gear.

If they had offered that back when I purchased my Toucans maybe that boot I blew out would have been covered?

Then again warranties are generally worded to favor the manufacture, giving them final say over what they concider a defect vs wear.

You're glove could come unstitched in a week and they can say "We don't see that as a defect, we consider it unusual wear" and your up Creek :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
roflmao!
You guys are cracking me up! (y) 🍻
Looking forward to hearing how you like the gloves.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Speaking of which, I noticed RevZilla is offering 1 or 2 year extended warranties on at least some gear.

If they had offered that back when I purchased my Toucans maybe that boot I blew out would have been covered?

Then again warranties are generally worded to favor the manufacture, giving them final say over what they concider a defect vs wear.

You're glove could come unstitched in a week and they can say "We don't see that as a defect, we consider it unusual wear" and your up Creek :(

Well I could see them saying you used some kinda explosives on them, because they sure looked like you did. But yea any excuse not to pay, you know they would of asked on what day and at exactly what time did this occur? And then say well sorry we don’t cover that day and even if it had happened on that day the time would of been off, but hey do you wanna buy some new ones from us while I have you on the phone...

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts