Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys, I’m going to pull the trigger on the SC Project GP65 full exhaust system for my 2016 AT. I’m assuming that I’ll have to get remapped - anyone know ballpark what I can expect to pay for that service? Is it required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes remap definitely required,i am going to go down the sc project route as i cannot live with how gutless my bike is BUT having just a can on the bike can actually make it LOSE even more power,so you will need a better air filter and a remap,cabby is right about £350.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice idea and a very good price for a full titanium swap. But, not for me.

But.. Let's see what it actually does for the bike. Before and after dyno would be great.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes remap definitely required,i am going to go down the sc project route as i cannot live with how gutless my bike is BUT having just a can on the bike can actually make it LOSE even more power,so you will need a better air filter and a remap,cabby is right about £350.
If you think a remap is for making your bike more powerfull you've bought the wrong bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sc project

I know iv'e got the wrong bike,tried to sell it but couldn't even give it away,decided i am not going to lose all that money so stuck with it,so got to try and make it a bike i want to ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i never would have bought it if they would have let me take the mrs out on a test ride,but they let me take a brand new bike out with zero miles on it so i didn't take it over 4000rpm and iv'e had several 94hp bikes before like the triumph tiger 800 and that was more than adequate even 2up,it would absolutely annihilate my AT,it makes me wonder if there is something wrong with it,6000 revs everywhere otherwise there are cars queuing up to overtake me,it needs 20 more bhp,i am hoping the americans come up with a big bore kit or something,trouble is there is no road bike version where you could rob bits from.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am hoping with a full exhaust,better breathing filters and lots of dyno time i can maybe get 10bhp more[that will do for now] and with my new wheels which will enable me to go into bends 20mph faster it will make it seem quicker.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Trade it for a gs as that will give you what you require, the rest of the stuff you're going to throw at it won't.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am hoping with a full exhaust,better breathing filters and lots of dyno time i can maybe get 10bhp more[that will do for now] and with my new wheels which will enable me to go into bends 20mph faster it will make it seem quicker.
I think You most definitely bought the wrong bike, take the hit and move on, life’s too short. 10 bhp will not satisfy your demand, try slowing down a bit, the AT will out accelerate most cars, so it ain’t slow, your expectations are too high for the type of bike it is.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Couple of things wrong with that i'm afraid,the GS is the WORST bike iv'e ever ridden in over 40yrs of riding and i haven't got a job at the minute,i already had the perfect bike,my beloved ktm1190 adventure but had to sell it as i couldn't touch the floor,really miss that,but got to try and make something of this one as got too much money in this already and got to be cheaper buying some bits than a new bike which i can't afford.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like i said before iv'e had other bikes with the same bhp as this but were nowhere near as gutless as my AT,there must be something wrong with it.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My AT has the full Arrow Ti exhaust and remap by Geoff at Hilltop. The difference is very noticeable with more bottom end grunt and once it hits 4K rpm, it lifts its skirt and cracks along plenty fast. Other AT owners who’ve ridden mine are impressed with the difference. I went from an 1190 Katoom to the AT, so know where you’re coming from as it never will compete with the big KTM, but how mine performs is more than enough to keep me happy. It was costly enough tho’ and it’s a pity you’re across the water otherwise I’d happily let you ride mine to compare to overcome any doubts.

The SC Project full system at least has a lower price to my Arrow, so it plus Hilltop will set you back approx £1200. You’ll also gain better looks, a slight weight decrease, throatier sound.....kind of win win win. :wink2:

If you’re still not happy, Geoff will apparently refund you your money if you think it’s no better than before and you can get a good chunk of money back if you sell the exhaust. So although you’ll lose some £££’s, it’ll not be a massive hit if you’re disappointed. Otherwise, the only other option as others have said is bite the bullet and trade it in for something else. But insist on a test ride first !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd go and try another demo bike and see if it is any different to yours. I ride mine two up with luggage and have no issues whatsoever with 'only' 94hp. I came from a GSA with 110 hp and obviously nearly 200cc more. Not noticed too much difference and with DCT the AT feels a bit peppier.
I'd also try to ride an AT with some mods done as you may find you're throwing away good money after bad...another £1500 on exhaust, remap etc and the AT still isn't what you want...and you'd get nowhere near £1200 back to sell on (nothing for the remap)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts