Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 67reg AF DCT into Craigs Honda to check corrosion on spokes which in my opinion bad, service manager said Honda are getting tough on corrosion issues and refusing claims.its not 2yrs old yet so look forward to a fight with Honda UK.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
do you mean the gold rims are corroding as well as the spokes? This IMHO is caused by metal debris from the rear rotor (disk). Don't ask me why it doesn't seem to affect the front rims but it doesn't. The symptom is star like black marks in the gold anodising. Probably will be a problem on the 18 onwards bikes too. I'm trying frequent waxing but once the corrosion is visible there's no removing it (apart from reanodising presumably).
With respect to the spokes I wouldn't take the dealer's comments at face value - contact Honda technical or customer service and be very firm. I kept at them about two lots of failed heated grips and got them to move from no credit to £250 eventually (still annoying in that they had cost me £300)
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts