Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some feedback from anyone that has used these tires. Lyndon Poskitt gave them a glowing review of them, however most of us would have to pay for the tires, so I'd like to know they're worth it!

Anyone ran these yet?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried buying a set in North America. Not available on this side of the pound.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered a 90/90x21 and a 150/70x18 today, and they have been shipped. I was going to go for something less aggressive and a little more street oriented, but the truth is I am not super fast on the street anyway and I need all the help I can get with Miss Piggy on the Forest Roads.

I'm sure they will be plenty good for the way I ride on the street and they will be great tools when I get off road. I like they are bias ply and not steel belted, should make plugging punctures easier.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have just ordered a set for my bike - they are rated M + S (Mud and Snow), plan on testing them on Asphalt/Tarmac until I feel a twitching to see! ............. will keep you posted.

Golden Tyre GT723’s - life is coming to an end for my rear tyre, everybody was talking about these tyres a while back, so ... I took the plunge and bought a pair - A bitch to get on when new, but once on I took her for a spin! - the front tyre was terrible scrubbing in, the bike felt really unstable - so, increased the tyre pressure and decided to throw it into some bends on the black stuff!

400kms later and the bike actually went where I wanted it to go instead of straight; now I have put just over 2500kms on them and have been off-road on gravel and mud as well as putting them to the test on tarmac and in the wet.
The compound is soft so not a long lasting tyre on the road, but all round they have performed really well, I hope to get another 1000kms on them before winter sets in here in the South of France!

Downsides: Price, availability, wear.
Upsides: Great traction on and off road and even in the wet.

Would I buy again?.............

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts