Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yeah, Jxvak, that's a pretty cool and simple add-on (and trick). I looked into one of those or even improvising the same sort of thing with a piece of steel or PVC tubing or even a block of wood for my bike. I too, wasn't a fan of the additional weight the center stand would add, etc.

But in the end, I just bit the bullet and put the OEM stand on. For me it had to do with longer term storage and I couldn't see that solution being very stable for days or weeks on end.

The center stand is incredibly convenient. And it isn't quite as bulky as I'd imagined; hardly noticeable, really.

But you're showing a very cool idea and a quick solution to get the either wheel off the ground for simple maintenance.

Do you find the bike pretty stable with it in the rear position?

Thanks, Gary

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bikes really stable with the rear up by locking the front brake with a piece of velcro so it doesn't roll forward.

The bags on the crashbars are Tusk fender pouches with spare tubes in each side and some misc. tools

·
Registered
2017 CRF1000 manual w Rally livery
55 Posts
I have one and use it for emergencies on my AT (I bring it along on long trips). I would not consider it a true alternative to the center stand but also good for oiling the chain. It is very well made but the weight of AT is pushing this to its limits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts