Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to dress up her vocal pipe a bit and accent her can....

Still gonna mod the baffle to make a spark arrester hopefully I pull off what I’m thinking and basically it will just be a screen across the entire outlet No baffle pipe at all .. will post pics if it works out like I think it will..

Reactions: TN-Rider

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey ya @AT-Dragon, the sun's getting real low on that rear tire, eh?
Yep and absolutely no rear brake, well there is a rear brake but no brake pad left on it :rolleyes: So I’ve been using just my front (y)
Supposedly the brakes are coming today and there is a set of brand new Trail max missions setting In my garage going to be mounted on Tues.

·
Registered
53 Posts
@AT-Dragon your AT looks sharp. Your seat looks comfortable. I haven’t made my AT mine yet, lacks the personal touch. I’ve only added the SW-Motech crash bars, last night, and a set of grip puppies (which I will probably take off).

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@AT-Dragon your AT looks sharp. Your seat looks comfortable. I haven’t made my AT mine yet, lacks the personal touch. I’ve only added the SW-Motech crash bars, last night, and a set of grip puppies (which I will probably take off).
Thanks!

Yea had the grip pups for a while but took them off, they will make your grips noticeably larger, the seat is comfy, had a Corbin on my old bike too, they are comfortable and just get even better with use...

Reactions: TN-Rider

·
Registered
53 Posts
I thought I’d like them for the anti-vibration properties, however, once I got them on I realized they make the grips much larger than I like. Good pair of gloves will absorb some of that vibration. I haven’t rode it far enough to see how my hands and wrists are affected by that big Twin. The gold wing flat six put my hands to sleep after awhile, but the big Twin has different harmonics. I never had the problem with the GL1200 flat fours, and it developed when I moved to the GL1500 flat six. Age and carpal tunnel progression more than likely had some impact. The NC700XD wasn’t as hard on me as the GL1800 that I just let go of was. I’ll find out how it all feels when I make the 110 mile ride to get the 600 mile service done.

·
Super Moderator
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They did help
I thought I’d like them for the anti-vibration properties, however, once I got them on I realized they make the grips much larger than I like. Good pair of gloves will absorb some of that vibration. I haven’t rode it far enough to see how my hands and wrists are affected by that big Twin. The gold wing flat six put my hands to sleep after awhile, but the big Twin has different harmonics. I never had the problem with the GL1200 flat fours, and it developed when I moved to the GL1500 flat six. Age and carpal tunnel progression more than likely had some impact. The NC700XD wasn’t as hard on me as the GL1800 that I just let go of was. I’ll find out how it all feels when I make the 110 mile ride to get the 600 mile service done.
They did help a bit and I did get use to them, but in the end I just like the way they feel without them...

·
Administrator
1,893 Posts
I don't know what the heck it is that I do to grip puppies, but I end up destroying them in about a month. I gave up buying them.

I tried Beemer Buddies as well. They lasted longer, but the adhesive from the Velcro strip seemed to ooze it's way out when the heated grips where on and made my gloves sticky. So those didn't last either.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,494 Posts
So far Grip Puppies (UK) have been fantastic for me on my last three bikes, so much so that I have been transferring them forward from bike-to-bike. My current AT grips are a couple years old, but appear brand new. They get a lot of UV sun exposure and they aren't drifting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just don’t have enough miles on mine to decide if I’m going to leave them on or take them off. My hands are not large and therefore the Grip puppies feel very strange. I’m not used to grips that are that round. Chalk it all up to being an ATAS newbie.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Without grip puppies its like holding a pencil in each hand. Bought a pair as soon as I had signed for the bike. November 18. still got that same pair fitted. Bike is about where I want it now. Just getting ready to head to Austria at the end of next month.

·
Super Moderator
3,494 Posts
I just don’t have enough miles on mine to decide if I’m going to leave them on or take them off. My hands are not large and therefore the Grip puppies feel very strange. I’m not used to grips that are that round. Chalk it all up to being an ATAS newbie.
Yeah, experience/preference will vary with hand size, ... analogous with seat height and firmness.

·
Administrator
1,893 Posts
It is probably more a personal preference thing that it is a hand size issue. My hands are far bigger than my wifes are (I wear an XL glove and she wears an M), and I don't particularly care for the Grip Puppies. She loves them. Go figure :)

Edit: Now that I think about it though, the AT is the first bike she has ever owned where she didn't add them. She bought a set for it and then never added them. I think she just got used to it as it was and just kind of forgot about them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts