Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I picked up the silver, manual AT I ordered last October in Mt Pleasant, MI.

First 50 miles went very well. Some vibration in handgrips. Ttally different feel from my VT-1100, but very enjoyable. Lower seat height works reasonably well with my 30" inseam, but have to be careful when mounting since it is a bit top heavy.

The deal was MSRP ($12,995) + Dest ($350) + 48 mo. ext. warranty ($880) + MI tax (6%), title, and license. Annual AAA insurance is $560.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just mount the bike while its on the side stand Marc , looks nice by the way :grin2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the numbers Marc. Good to see that the retail price has not been raped. I too am 30" inseam and I want to use the standard seat in the low position. I have read that the special optional low seat is too hard for long distance comfort. Does any body have the price for the low option seat and what is the installed height?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Picked up Red DCT Friday...

Had my buddy ride me up (KTM 990) the 4.5 hour trip north to dealer in Salem
from home in southern Oregon to pick-up bike. An hour or so doing paper work and we were on the road. Bought the bike with deposit on phone, sight unseen, and no test ride, based solely on reviews from magazines and the forums I have pored over. After a 400 mile ride home on windy & scenic back roads, and even some dirt/gravel , doing a break-in procedure, I am impressed with the bike.
Super smooth, comfortable and even with break-in averaged 45.8 mpg. KTM was getting 10 mpg less on exact same route. Now I need some accessories....Sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am in Seattle and have a red DCT on hold in western Michigan. It was unspoken for. Will ship it back to Seattle within next month.
We need to start a regional section on this forum.
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts