Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new customized leather for my ATAS :grin2::grin2::grin2: and I gotta say I love the jacket and the work they did, I cannot believe I got it for the price, with custom logos and custom fitted, came with some armor already installed (shoulders, upper back, elbows)....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must be nice to live where you can ride in leathers!! Down here in GA you would melt.
BTW most of my family is from the UP
Lol yea it’s kinda hot here 85* here, so not really leather weather. But the mornings have been in the 60’s :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's nice. It's too bad that the main advertiser is a tobacco company. I just wouldn't feel comfortable promoting tobacco.
Lol Camel is still around? Never smoked - but always loved their logo - especially the blue on the white like it is. Just like the looks of it, it’s not like I’m passing out free pack of smokes while wearing it... As far as I’m concerned if you wanna kill yourself with those cancer sticks more power to you as long as you’re happy...

Reactions: MrRobb

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Texas, Georgia , and the like.... I’m still not sure just how you guys can stop at a red light on blacktop in the summer and NOT sink down to the skid plate or at the very least melt the bottoms of your shoes....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Texas, Georgia , and the like.... I’m still not sure just how you guys can stop at a red light on blacktop in the summer and NOT sink down to the skid plate or at the very least melt the bottoms of your shoes....

All hiil country and country roads for me, i stop when i get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just some more free advertising, added a Mobil patch....
Like the logo and I think it’s keeping with the whole retro look of the leather..
Same thing for the checkered flags

Now the only thing left to do is replace the current armor with some good reactive armor. The stuff in it now is not terrible but I’d rather upgrade it..

Attachments

Reactions: noivson

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, Pants next? Don't worry about the temps cold front just passed thru.. :)
Have some but not leather, armor and padded nylon.. lol and three different sets of boots... yea it is getting to be nice cool riding weather, tho I use the term cool loosely, I ride till the temp hits 34* that my limit. But only because of the likelihood of frost/ice on the road...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my new customized leather for my ATAS :grin2::grin2::grin2: and I gotta say I love the jacket and the work they did, I cannot believe I got it for the price, with custom logos and custom fitted, came with some armor already installed (shoulders, upper back, elbows)....
Who supplied that beauty? Not sure white would be my thing but that jacket could persuade me!

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who supplied that beauty? Not sure white would be my thing but that jacket could persuade me!
Got it from a seller (in Pakistan) here : https://www.bonanza.com/items/search?q[catalog_id]=&q[country_to_filter]=US&q[filter_category_id]=&q[in_booth_id]=&q[ship_country]=1&q[shipping_in_price]=0&q[sort_by]=relevancy&q[translate_term]=true&q[search_term]=Honda racing leather
UNFORTUNATELY he’s not carrying them anymore, to bad, cause he did the custom patches for 50$ extra & sized it to fit me. But if you look around there are sellers who will at the very least size it for you..

Be warned before going to the above site - there are some pretty cool leathers there and you very well could be persuaded to buy one...

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered another leather, just got here today, might do a bit more customizing to it...

Its got some armor back, shoulders, elbows.

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, lol just came back from a ride to break it in and had a couple of patches I had laying around put on. Might have a couple more made up too...

a Mobil 1 on each arm

And a pirate one on the lower back..

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why is "HONDA" so tiny and low on the back? Are you leaving real estate for other patches?

"Africa Twin" on the sleeve looks good.
Yea it’s not as small as it looks, was thinking of doing another “Africa Twin” below it in white leather ( like the sleeve).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts