Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a GPR Pandemonium Carbon Exhaust on eBay.

I don't really care how my bike sounds. That sort of thing is for boys trying to impress the ladies.

But the Honda exhaust was a stainless steel excrescence. I don't blame Honda for that: they have to serve up an exhaust that satisfies every jurisdiction's rules about noise muffling. First amongst equals is the EU's requirements for extreme noise muffling.

I do care about weight. The GPR exhaust is MUCH lighter. I did not bother to weigh the Honda and GPR exhausts so I cannot tell you precisely how much, but this difference is a few kilograms.

Despite dropping a few kilos, the GPR is pretty quiet when idling and sounds awesome under throttle. Maybe it might impress some ladies...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a GPR Ghisa EVO from eBay, After finding the inner core had failed (only had the engine running with it for a minute or so) on removal of the DB killer I requested my money back but eBay and the seller refused as I had it installed on the bike. I wrote to GPR in Italy and they informed me the Ghisa had defects that made it fail during thermal expansion. I believe this has been taken out of their line up and it shouldn't be getting sold on eBay. So they were really good and sent me free of charge an upgraded Furore. Nice looking and great sounding exhausts with great customer service to back them up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts