Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
For those of you looking for phone mounts I wanted to share the Quadlock mounting options with you. They make a variety of bar mounts as well as a ram style ball mount. All are super solid and in my opinion are the way to go if you have a phone they make a case for (most of them). I have an iPhone 8 plus so it's waterproof. I believe that the 7's are also. I have had no issues in all types of weather. I also use these mounts on my dirt bike and mountain bike and have never had any issues. It's not coming off! Super easy on and off too. I've had a couple of friends with the Ram x type mount and others that are kind of a pain. These are great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Great! Thank you. One more question. Do you have the mount in the center position vertically? Or is it in the highest?

This is my current mounting situation. I have the same bike w/ Camel brace as you do. This works fine and is pretty solid but I can't get the GPS any further from me with this setup and this new XT is so bright and nice (not really a problem) that it seems pretty in my face and was thinking about setting it back a little. I'm tall so reaching it isn't a problem still I think. This does allow for pretty unlimited mounting positions though.

View attachment 54042

View attachment 54043

View attachment 54045
I have it on the center position on the mount. Reaching it should be a non issue for you, i am only 5'8" so no tall and i have no issue reaching it at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Diego,

Did 70 miles on road this evening. Mix of twisty roads all at a good pace. The mount is rock solid with no movement. Better than I expected.

Was my first ride of the season and reminded me why I love bikes

Barry
Hi there,

Are you still happy with this solution?
The adapter is this, right?

I am thinking of buying it, I mounted my Rider 50 today, but I don´t like the extra vibration / movement that the ram arm causes, and would like to clean up the install a bit.

Can you use the gps vertical without covering the dash?

Heres my actual setup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there,

Are you still happy with this solution?
The adapter is this, right?

I am thinking of buying it, I mounted my Rider 50 today, but I don´t like the extra vibration / movement that the ram arm causes, and would like to clean up the install a bit.

Can you use the gps vertical without covering the dash?

Heres my actual setup:

View attachment 55841 View attachment 55842 View attachment 55843
no if you turn it vertical it will partly cover the dash
Barry

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi, I'm curious to know why people still use a traditional GPS instead of using a phone?
Most of my riding is on road. My GPS has lifetime maps and works well. It is also parked on the bike 99.n% of the time in a weather resistant holder with water proof cover for when conditions call for it. My phone is for voice and text messages when not riding. I don’t need or want to see it when riding. It only has limited data as well. Then there are legal issues in my province resulting from distracted driving laws. Touching the GPS while in the saddle will probably be tolerated to a certain extent. Touching a cellphone screen in traffic even if stopped at a light here can lead to tickets, demerit points and hefty fines or court costs. A lot depends on the officer who stops you. It may be possible to prove you were not texting or conversing at the time of the perceived offence. It isn’t worth the hassle.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts