Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
For those of you looking for phone mounts I wanted to share the Quadlock mounting options with you. They make a variety of bar mounts as well as a ram style ball mount. All are super solid and in my opinion are the way to go if you have a phone they make a case for (most of them). I have an iPhone 8 plus so it's waterproof. I believe that the 7's are also. I have had no issues in all types of weather. I also use these mounts on my dirt bike and mountain bike and have never had any issues. It's not coming off! Super easy on and off too. I've had a couple of friends with the Ram x type mount and others that are kind of a pain. These are great.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great! Thank you. One more question. Do you have the mount in the center position vertically? Or is it in the highest?

This is my current mounting situation. I have the same bike w/ Camel brace as you do. This works fine and is pretty solid but I can't get the GPS any further from me with this setup and this new XT is so bright and nice (not really a problem) that it seems pretty in my face and was thinking about setting it back a little. I'm tall so reaching it isn't a problem still I think. This does allow for pretty unlimited mounting positions though.

View attachment 54042

View attachment 54043

View attachment 54045
I have it on the center position on the mount. Reaching it should be a non issue for you, i am only 5'8" so no tall and i have no issue reaching it at all.

·
Registered
51 Posts
121 - 126 of 126 Posts