Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Garmin Montana 600/650. Cheap, waterproof, shock resistant, designed for ATV and Motos. It's not as intuitive as the Zumos or Nuvi but it's very customizable for road or off road and the stock mount (Allen key lockable) is $35! Yes......you'll get one and curse the world until you figure out how it works then you'll realize it's fantastic!

Agreed! Montana 610, using Basecamp to work routes and tracks with OSM free maps. Basecamp is a learning curve if you've never used anything like it before, but well worth it once it's understood. I use the Montana mainly to log tracks back road/off road and exploring trips, but also for following tracks set up with Basecamp. Don't care for the navigation features, had rather use tracks and be able to detour as desired without the thing wanting to re-route. That's what exploring is all about. The exception is finding my way around the big city if I ever have to go to someplace specific. Then the phone works just fine, Bluetooth to the Sena 20s. Google what you want and tell it to go there, simply pleasant.... Oh, and it works great on the 250X.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts