Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peeled all the graphics from the tank, fairing and side covers. I was going for a white/black/gold color scheme but the blue down the middle of the tank is painted on and lines up nicely with the blue on the seat. Changed the tank badge from red to black.
Added an Arrow pipe last night. Really love the sound (baffle removed)

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,851 Posts
There are plenty of sticker maker over kits out there for the standard AT, from full out Repsol to camo .. Been meaning to do mine in some Dakar sponsored logos, printed some up just haven’t the time here lately to do it..

Reactions: Spyzer and cyco666

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT, 2005 KLR 650
12 Posts
Peeled all the graphics from the tank, fairing and side covers. I was going for a white/black/gold color scheme but the blue down the middle of the tank is painted on and lines up nicely with the blue on the seat. Changed the tank badge from red to black. View attachment 63880 Added an Arrow pipe last night. Really love the sound (baffle removed) View attachment 63879
Wow! That looks great! I was already thinking of removing the Africa Twin and Adventure Sports decals on mine too, but this has really inspired me. I’m also considering removing my front crash/fog light bars to shed some weight and make it look less bulky.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! That looks great! I was already thinking of removing the Africa Twin and Adventure Sports decals on mine too, but this has really inspired me. I’m also considering removing my front crash/fog light bars to shed some weight and make it look less bulky. View attachment 63887
Thanks! I bet it would look great! Please post some pics after.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same bike and would be curious to know how you removed the decals -oh and some pics when you are done.
I used a heat gun on low setting and just worked at it slowly. All came off with minimal residue left behind. You will see an edge on the tank where the clear coat meets the graphics once removed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts