Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I know I should buy some Alpina rims and go tubeless but my budget is somewhat limited right now.

Has anyone used this goo in their standard stock wheels and had good or bad luck?

Just trying to negate the headache of replacing a tube in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
I suspect (and I have green gloop in my tubes) that at best it will just slow down the rate a puncture leaks air if its not too big to a hole to start with. A cut in the tube will just ooze the gloop out imo and I've tubes that appeared sliced after punctures (on an old KTM supermoto I used to own).

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have something called Bikeseal in my tubes.
I no experience with how effective it is and hopefully never will but I have seen live demos and YouTube video of it working and it's very impressive.

I think it's a none chemical reaction so therefore it doesn't deteriorate as some can.
The guy demonstrated a 15mm hole seal up in a car tyre within 5 revolutions of the wheel.
The police and military use it as it will seal bullit holes apparently. I definitely don't want to test that.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have alpine tubeless on my ATAS but am considering Bikeseal for my CRF250 Rally as it has tubes. I contacted Bikeseal and asked about tubes. The reply said with tubeless the success rate is 95% but with tubed its 75%.
I agree its never going to be as good in a tubed tyre but cant do any harm - apart from the mess if it is called into use. I wonder if it bungs up the valves ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Slime does an OK job of sealing up small punctures but there are some downsides. First, you might not know you have a puncture and continue riding further away from help. Second, slime makes a mess in the tire when it does leak out. Third, if you need to patch the tube the slime will make it very difficult to get a patch to stick.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Having now had 5 flats in 10k miles..... 2 front , 3 rear.... its time to try some sort of goop. Bike seal sound worth a go.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am about to have a friend visiting the UK collect a couple of bottles of that. I would be really interested in the results.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have bike seal in mine and tpms fitted. Have thought about going the outex route as a more permanent job but am worried about the lack of retaining hump on rims. All advise welcome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts