Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRF1000D
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!!
Just bought a 2016 DCT model and am pleasantly intrigued after one test ride. Have been a long time KLR 650 rider and been hankering for something in between it and the V-strom 1000 I sold years ago. I think I found it! I am 57 and retired up in the North Georgia mountains with my wonderful wife. I am looking forward to snooping around and learning a lot here. I will soon be ordering some kind of service manual to keep the goofy questions to a minimum. Thanks in advance for the education! Jeff

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,124 Posts
Hi and welcome..

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome! - Did you get an AS or base? Either way, you got DCT which is the ticket to happiness! It will impress you. Much goodness coming your way! -

·
Registered
2016 CRF1000D
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you All!! I don’t think my 2016 is an AS but not entirely sure of the difference. This was truly a spontaneous purchase knowing very little about the AT other than I always liked how they looked and it seemed way more capable off road than my beloved DL1000……..yet just as capable (and fun) on the paved twisties up here around Ellijay.

I am sure I will get more into this bike when we get home. Currently at our daughters in Birmingham welcoming our first grandchild into this world! Fun fact: I was test driving the AT when our grandson was born! The bike is sitting in the back of my truck and it is killing me!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

Jeff

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
706 Posts
Hola @NGA_Jeff and welcome to the Forum. I'm in the Lake Norman, NC area. Not too far from you. Ride safe out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts