Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up my 2016 AT DTC last Sunday. Getting it was a spur of the moment thing. It turned into the most grueling and painful adventures of my life . I was surfing the net on Thursday night, looking for a street-trail with more power and better on-the-road manors than my XR650L and ran across the AT's. They seemed like something I'd enjoy, but 13K was way out of my price range. Then I spotted a used one --- 2 months old with 1,600 miles for sale in St Louis. The seller had just bought it, taken it for a road trip out west. Upon returning he learned his company needed him to transfer to their Canadian branch immediately and he had 5 days to get rid of the bike. He said he'd sell it for 9K, but only if it was paid for and gone before Monday AM. I PayPal-ed him a down payment early Friday AM, spent the next 48 hours scrambling to get the cash, pack,and get to St Louis. I couldn't borrow anything to haul it home with in time and had to settle for a 600 mile ride to St Louis with a friend and riding it back home. ---- Riding it home ----
One of the top-10-of-all-time worst decisions I ever made!!! --- A story for another day!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts