Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Let's see some pics of you riding your new beast. Great riding in Oregon. Love the Aufderheide, Mackenzie Highway to Sisters, Siletz/Nashville area, Mary's Peak, Logsden, ... I could go on. Great place for your dually bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AT is currently on the center stand in my front room, the weather is ugly and I don't want to get it wet. And muddy.

I have a ton of pics from my trips on my former adventure bike (Suzuki Hayabusa, nick named Hyabagger. Rode that beast with a full pack all over the Pac. Northwest, the Rockies, and even on Vancouver Is., including a trip to Winter Harbor. What it lacked in suspension it made up for with power.

I was headed for Whistler but got rear ended at Kootnai Lake and flew home with a badly broken leg and a totaled bike. That was in '02

I think the AT will be a more suitable adventure bike.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think the AT will be a more suitable adventure bike.
lol. When you find out please post pics.

The AT is the only bike in my stable now that I haven't ridden to Oregon. Hopefully later in the year.

Mackenzie Highway to Sisters,
Bicycled that last year. And it's one of my favorite roads to drive. Haven't ridden it on a moto yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get a chance check out the area around John Day; (excellent camp on the south side of the Strawberry Mts.) then travel north to Ukiah. That whole area is full of single track paved/unpaved roads going every which way. I've camped there 3 times and seem to find a new road each time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts