Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Deniz from Istanbul, Turkey. I've been lurking around for a while & registered recently. I bought a red 2016 AT from a close friend in November last year and am having a blast. I've only been able to take her on short rides around the city so far but have some serious milage planned for the future.

I've still got my 2012 Super Tenere (which I plan on selling soon) as well as a WR250R, Honda CB125E (wifeys practice bike but I use it all the time) and an old school Mobylette moped.

I've already encountered a stupid self inflicted problem by dropping one of the bolts used to attach the Camel ADV brace into the headlight housing. The first one went in SO easily first try, not so lucky with the second bolt GRRRR! Anybody have any thoughts on whether or not I would be ok riding with bolt in housing for about 20kms? The shared garage I store my bike is not bright enough for me to make my first attempt at removing the thousand or so pop pins/bolts and so on so I'd much rather take her to another garage with ample lighting privacy.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Den: I hope to **** it will be ok, as the starboard one for my Africa Twin resides in the same location, and completely dismounting the headlight module to turn it upside down and shake it out doesn't sound like fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right well that means I should be ok on a short stretch.

I've got a bunch of things that need fitting which will require fairing removal. Taking the headlight off will get me aquianted with bike...and more importantly allow me to remove bolt which will no doubt be constantly on my mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts