Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a set of these crash bungs for my AT. I had the same make on my Yamaha Fazer1000 so expect the quality to be outstanding. They'll hopefully keep my engine cases hole free should I throw the bike down the road as I can't fit the engine bars I like due to the Arrow headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have any engine bars. I had wanted to fit a set, but on investigation I found out that virtually all aren't suitable as the O2 sensor is in the way of where a plate has to be fitted.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Do the DCT version stick out further? If so, I'd choose that for the manual bikes because the non-DCT version looks like they barely extend past the fairings.

·
Registered
295 Posts
A bit wary that they don't do PayPal of cards. Quite an expensive set as it works out at around £190 delivered plus any currency costs to pay euros in to their account. They look like an expensive alternative to bars. I must admit they do look cool though.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The GSG bungs arrived and they're now fitted. A bit of a faff to do as the headers have to be dropped to allow the new mounting plates to be swopped over. I also had to champer a small bit on the left side as it was touching the header, but you wouldn't have that problem with the stock headers. Other than that, an easy enough job, beautiful quality and I'm well pleased. OK, they don't offer the same level of protection that a full set of scaffolding would, but for my needs they should be fine should the worst happen.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts