Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put these handlebar handguards covers on and the made things worst and striped out the Lower handle holder. Run, run very far away from these. The pic below. Now I'm suffering from PTSD I don't know the torque specs or if I should replace #17 on the parts sheet and get new screws. Note: I rethreaded #17 and put back all original parts back Please help

Attachments

Reactions: Hillbilly Africaner

·
Registered
170 Posts
are these the Hepco and Becker ones?

Or the cheap ones from Ebay?

I have the Hepco and BEcker ones, and I love them, easy install and they gave me the torque specs.

I din not use the torque specs and had no issues at all. I tightened until I felt it get tight enough. Maybe not a smart move, but I don't know how to use the torque wrench.

Cheers!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,991 Posts
I put these handlebar handguards covers on and the made things worst and striped out the Lower handle holder. Run, run very far away from these. The pic below. Now I'm suffering from PTSD I don't know the torque specs or if I should replace #17 on the parts sheet and get new screws. Note: I rethreaded #17 and put back all original parts back Please help
No worries I’ll get you the specs on that this evening but even so running with 3 of the 4 bolts would be ok.. Better with 4 but not the end of the world with 3.. you did mean the risers I take it?

Reactions: Motobiker

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,991 Posts
Here are the specs for that assembly...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got my bars fixed. Thanks for the reply's. here's a pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gosh I did the same thing last night and stripped the riser torqueing the nut to spec. I've ordered part 17 and am going to try to use heli coils to fix it which I ordered off Amazon. The guards themselves are good I think

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gosh I did the same thing last night and stripped the riser torqueing the nut to spec. I've ordered part 17 and am going to try to use heli coils to fix it which I ordered off Amazon. The guards themselves are good I think
I did the same thing. The lower riser is made of fragile aluminum and you need to make sure that the bolts are both threaded before you tighten them. Fixed it myself though. Kind of a pain, but the handlebar guards will protect you in a crash!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts