Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question.
Anyone know the ram mount part# for unit that attaches to the centre of handlebar?
The one that came with the Garmin is too narrow & only fits the tapered ends of bars.

Currently have the mount on the screen cross bar but it vibrates too much & need a more solid fixing point.

Thx.

·
Registered
42 Posts
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-367U

I just use this one, which I've passed on from my previous two motorcycles.
It replaces on of the screws in the handlebar clamp and is quite tidy IMO. I'f I don't need to take a mobile phone with me I remove the upper part, and you can hardly tell that the RAM ball is there.

Reactions: fuelpincher

·
Registered
112 Posts
In case you're interested in another option, I just got the Tough-Claw RAM mount (RAM-HOL-UN7-400U) and it works well on my AT. The claw has rubber pads on the inside and the tightening knob thingie is easy to turn and feels like it clamps down with a lot of force. I went with this one because I don't use my phone for GPS very often and can quickly install/remove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
That’s just what I need but they don’t do the tough claw with the x-mount large so I have to use the 2 inch stem and two balls. Shame as it looks like the tough claw would reduce vibration
Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-367U

I just use this one, which I've passed on from my previous two motorcycles.
It replaces on of the screws in the handlebar clamp and is quite tidy IMO. I'f I don't need to take a mobile phone with me I remove the upper part, and you can hardly tell that the RAM ball is there.
Just installed this & delighted with the result. Much sturdier than the screen mount & no vibration or risk of breaking the crossbar. Cost me €16, but worth it. Sits nicely in view.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts