Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 ES
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Handlebars seem a little too far away. I have to lean forward and I often find my arms locking straight instead of keeping loose. I've read posts that mention adjustable risers, but I've also read about issues and alternates. And the posts were old. And I'm inexperienced.

I'm 5'11", t-rex arms. '22 adventure sport manual. What would the recommendation be? Is leaned forward normal for this bike? Is there a tradeoff with a more upright position?

· Premium Member
2022 ES
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is more difficult than I imagined. I'm leaning toward the risers because I like the gold bars and feel more comfortable about the installation. Is there a wrong answer here?

Update: on a 300 mile ride I was definitely bothered by the handlebar distance. The upper-middle of my back was fatigued. And with winter layers on it made it even worse. Also, having tense, extended/locked arms I believe is contributing to poor throttle control and fatigue in my throttle hand.

· Premium Member
2022 ES
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The risers worked great! Exceeded my expectations. Way more comfortable. My back is relaxed, arms relaxed. Seating is further back into the comfy bits of the seat. Turning I noticed is much easier I'm not reaching far. And the extra bend in my elbows feels really good when I get aggressive, I can get right up on the bars and get much better leverage. Standing up feels much more natural. And I can see all the buttons clearly now. Found my hazard button.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts