Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First, I'm a newbie and haven't owned a bike in 20 years, so sorry for this question that might have been asked (I can't find it if it has been asked.) I love the AT; Sept 2016 purchase and now have just under 2000 mi. I've been adding accessories slowly and want to get the Barkbuster Storms, but I honestly have no idea about handlebar size. Are the stock handlebars 7/8" or 1 1/8"?

Thanks in advance,

... a clueless rider :nerd:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi All,

First, I'm a newbie and haven't owned a bike in 20 years, so sorry for this question that might have been asked (I can't find it if it has been asked.) I love the AT; Sept 2016 purchase and now have just under 2000 mi. I've been adding accessories slowly and want to get the Barkbuster Storms, but I honestly have no idea about handlebar size. Are the stock handlebars 7/8" or 1 1/8"?

Thanks in advance,

... a clueless rider :nerd:
Hi Rufus, Dont worry if your fitting Barkbusters make sure you order CRF1000 16 up. I have just fitted a set last week and they come with all the proper fitting bits for STD and DCT model. There is no mucking around and took me only 20min to fit, and I didn't swear once :)

·
Registered
884 Posts
If you're relatively mechanically inclined the Barkbuster hardware is pretty easy to install. I changed the grips to heated grips at the same time and it took about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. I did have to move the right side controls just a bit to the right for everything to fit (8-10mm) - loosen the two screws holding the front break assembly. Also, I put in three washers on each side behind the bar ends to make sure the throttle was free of friction and that I didn't have to cut the left side grip.

Attachments

Reactions: RufusBeazer

·
Registered
479 Posts
Or just get a ruler and measure them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts