Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Recently purchased a 2018 ATAS DCT. 2nd bike after beginning this addictive journey 3 years ago. I'm a person who has always had more hobbies and interests than time but if someone had told me four years ago I would soon discover a new passion that eclipses all my others it wouldn't have been believable. Likely I'm speaking to a group that feels similarly.

As well as educating myself on the intricacies of the Africa Twin I'm looking for fellow riders and hopefully new friends. Seems like most of my old friends just sit in the house. I've traveled the globe quite a bit and lived abroad for several years, now settled permanently in Colorado. Love exploring new places on the bike, eating great food, crawling out of the tent in the morning and staring at great scenery while sipping coffee.

Make it a fantastic 2022!

Jason

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Jason and welcome to the forum. I'm a bit jealous of you living in CO. I've been wanting to get out that way for a while now on a motorcycle camping trip I just cant seem to leave the great things around my house just yet. (East Tn, smokies). Just built an overland vehicle to get out your way and trailer my bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I would love to do the same in your area. Just returned from visiting relatives in Southern, VA. My brother-in-law rides also and we were discussing the Mid Atlantic BDR since they live less than 30 min from it. The Colorado BDR is outstanding and well worth a haul out in my opinion. Just make sure it's after July 1 due to mountain snow. What overlanding rig did you build?

·
Registered
2016 AT DCT with all the fruit...
40 Posts
Welcome and great choice of bike! I have fond memories of CO from 2013, I hooked up with a couple of guys from Loveland who I met on a hunting forum. The took me out on the Pawnee Grasslands shooting Prairie Dogs, and up the Thompson Canyon over to Estes Park. Good times! Would love to be there again and on an AT.

Reactions: JLG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome and great choice of bike! I have fond memories of CO from 2013, I hooked up with a couple of guys from Loveland who I met on a hunting forum. The took me out on the Pawnee Grasslands shooting Prairie Dogs, and up the Thompson Canyon over to Estes Park. Good times! Would love to be there again and on an AT.
That's cool to connect with international folks using these forums Ray. I hunt also and have difficulty choosing between riding or hunting in the Autumn. Tonga is as close as I've come to NZ. Bet there is some fantastic riding there.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,779 Posts
Hi and welcome

Reactions: JLG

·
Premium Member
2020 Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES DCT
49 Posts
Hi Jason: I'd love to explore Colorado on the AT. For now I'll have to be content with Virginia and the surrounding region (which is fantastic). But my dream is to take a trip out west one day....perhaps when my son is older and could join me.

In the meantime, I'll look forward to reading your posts and photos of the great western sky!

Cheers buddy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts