Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you know if the fork shield will fit the crf1100? The idea makes a lot of sense. They do not list it on their site...also sold out at the moment.

I’ve thought about getting the DCT foot shifter, but I’ve read people saying to put a lot of miles on first because you might come to like the triggers. I’ll go this route and if it doesn’t start feeling natural then I’ll likely go this route.

The low seat, center stand and lower wind deflectors I ordered should be arriving tomorrow. Uppers are coming hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Next on the list is likely some sort of handlebar risers and the hard to come by engine guards that I’m still searching for.
I'm not sure if it fits on the 1100, but I'd imagine that it would be a little different given that they have different tanks. My guess is that they will have one for the 1100 fairly soon. You might check Amazon, as there are various companies making them. Before you buy, take the bike out and bring it up to speed and then put one hand over the gap. If you notice a significant difference, then you've found what you need. You could also make one out of cardboard and see if it makes a difference. The design allows for air to escape out the back and sides via a small spacer between the deflector and the tank. It should be easy enough to make a temporary cut out to see if its really going to help. I knew immediately by just covering the gap with one hand that it would make a huge difference, and it did. Best $30 I ever spent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and the africa twin, just traded in my 2012 1200 GSA for a 2020 adventure sports DCT on April Fools day. So far loving everything except the dct and wind protection...the dct will take some getting used to (right now its just strange), the wind protection can hopefully be improved with some accessories. My morning commute suddenly is a lot colder on the new bike. Overall happy with the purchase though and I think I'm really going to enjoy this bike.

I'm having a heck of a time finding any accessories. The dealer that sold me the bike wasn't able to pull up anything and said Honda will likely take a month or 2 before making them available. I was able to find a center stand, upper and lower wind deflectors, and the lowered seat on ebay. I've had no luck finding engine guards though. Even things like oil filter and dct filter part numbers (I'll be doing the 600 mile service myself) seem nearly impossible to find(not listed in the manual for some reason). I'm now a member of this community because I found these answers here.

Anyone else having these same struggles? Also, if someone can point me in the direction of quality engine guards that can be purchased or shipped to the states that would be much appreciated.

I'm sure the pandemic is the major player in my struggles, and I'm blessed that these are my struggles in this moment...
I'd check with an other dealer... I got the Sports ES about 3 weeks ago. My dealer was able to order the lower seat, engine guard+install kit, radiator guard and tank pads. In all fairness they couldn't tell me ETA on order because of COVID everything had slowed down.

I have been looking for the upper/light bar which I have a hard time to find as well. I'm going in for my 600mile check tomorrow, I'll be asking them about it...

Jud

·
Registered
114 Posts
I work in parts at a dealership and engine guard and light bar part numbers go live for ordering 4-15-20. I hope to have them on the 16th. I'll keep you guys posted...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Engine Guard part number is now active and showing back ordered.
Light Bar part number has future release date inow of 5-1-20.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Light bar is pushed back to 6-1-20 now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and the africa twin, just traded in my 2012 1200 GSA for a 2020 adventure sports DCT on April Fools day. So far loving everything except the dct and wind protection...the dct will take some getting used to (right now its just strange), the wind protection can hopefully be improved with some accessories. My morning commute suddenly is a lot colder on the new bike. Overall happy with the purchase though and I think I'm really going to enjoy this bike.

I'm having a heck of a time finding any accessories. The dealer that sold me the bike wasn't able to pull up anything and said Honda will likely take a month or 2 before making them available. I was able to find a center stand, upper and lower wind deflectors, and the lowered seat on ebay. I've had no luck finding engine guards though. Even things like oil filter and dct filter part numbers (I'll be doing the 600 mile service myself) seem nearly impossible to find(not listed in the manual for some reason). I'm now a member of this community because I found these answers here.

Anyone else having these same struggles? Also, if someone can point me in the direction of quality engine guards that can be purchased or shipped to the states that would be much appreciated.

I'm sure the pandemic is the major player in my struggles, and I'm blessed that these are my struggles in this moment...

Talk to Chainspeed over in England. He has been able to ship me a lot of stuff for the bike that he has in stock. Pay and arm and a leg for shipping but gets it to me in a week

·
Registered
2 Posts
I should follow up that so far the strangest thing with converting to a DCT is low speed maneuvers, like a u-turn, where I'm lacking confidence in my feel of the bike
Same here. Love, love, love it in traffic / normal riding etc. Have reached for the clutch many times just turning right at a light though. So I went back to a parking lot and just spent a couple hours only on slow skills with no clutch. Haven't taken her off-road yet, need to re-map those skills first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same here. Love, love, love it in traffic / normal riding etc. Have reached for the clutch many times just turning right at a light though. So I went back to a parking lot and just spent a couple hours only on slow skills with no clutch. Haven't taken her off-road yet, need to re-map those skills first.
+1 for practice and re-map.

...and I found I need more work turning right than left (Zoolander juxtaposition).

This generation is much better than the first!

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Welcome to the Forum @TxAgs98 and congratulations on your dual clutch machine. You'll adapt.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts