Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my test ride on Friday I looked inside/under the rear seat with a torch, and there looked to be a reasonable amount of room where you could store small items like overtrousers, sunglasses, visor cleaner etc. But this would only be useful if the seat could be removed and replaced quickly and without spanners/wrenches. Anybody know of any quick release fasteners that could replace those two bolts without interfering with the front seat when in place?
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is another posting with this query and a solution, have searched but can't find it !

One fix was replacing the fasteners with quick release screws, a good Chandler should be able to supply in stainless steel.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I found these screws with plastic knobs at local hardware store, working good. Took 30 mm long and screwed 2 nyloc nuts first, so the knobs won't sit so deep.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Registered
979 Posts
I bought M6x14mm Allen bolts at Lowe's (hardware store). I bet a local hardware store will have that size. The nice thing is it's not super quick but you can use the hex key/allen key that under the seat to take off your pillion seat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts