Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's the worst display I've ever had on a bike. I can't believe it's actually legal because it's unreadable during the day (unless the sun is behind you) and unless you stare at it you cannot see the rpm either. With the bright colour displays available on the market today this is a disgrace by Honda to fit this on a 2018 model.
I think the 2018 is even worse than the 2016-17 models when it comes to dadh visibility.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with the seat height and how tall we are. I personally would much prefer an analog dash, but I can't say I have problems seeing my speed most of the time. Except when standing, then the sun visor above the dash prevents me from seeing it. My Scrambler 1200XE wasn't much better. My 2017 was different, but not sure which one was better, I think they both have pros and cons.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Even in the Arizona sun the dash on my 2018 ATAS is very visible. If I make myself focus on the reflection I notice it, but if I just focus on the dash I hardly even notice the reflection. Funny thing is, the more the sun is directly on the dash the easier it is to read. Have those of you having trouble reading the dash turned up your dimmer?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Even in the Arizona sun the dash on my 2018 ATAS is very visible. If I make myself focus on the reflection I notice it, but if I just focus on the dash I hardly even notice the reflection. Funny thing is, the more the sun is directly on the dash the easier it is to read. Have those of you having trouble reading the dash turned up your dimmer?
Bought my bike second hand(2017 model) and the previous owner can't seem to find the manual. I would appreciate if someone could explain how to change the brightness of the display, I was not even aware that this was possible

·
Registered
218 Posts
Press and hold SEL down arrow and Mode button for like five seconds, that should get you into adjustment mode for clock, mph/kph, brightness etc. Old bikes didn’t have Mode button, it was a set button

From another post

21 - 27 of 27 Posts