Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a quandry over what handguards to get, I have a 2016 DCT and being a bit short I might want to rake the bars back a tad. I read on here the Hepco beckers do not allow for that, is there a set that does the job well and allows for customization?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just purchased and installed the Barkbusters on my 2017 AT DTC. As crstep said, they are moderately easy to install. I did find the little metal bracket for the e brake to be a bit "corny" as it just keeps the brake handle adjusted back about a half inch so there is enough clearance for the Barkbuster aluminum frame (and keeps the sensor closed in that position). But, hey, it works and the Barkbusters, as usual, are very sturdy.
I got the DTC specific VSP kit from twistedthrottle (dot) com for $139 USD, no tax an free shipping. Not sure that is THE best price, but it is the best I could find.
Also, Denburger posted some really nice photos of installed Barkbusters that helped me quite a bit on this Forum. They are the non-DTC model - but very helpful.

·
Registered
166 Posts
No, you have to loosen and readjust the cable anyway when unscrewing the bits needed to install the bracket as part of standard procedure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts