Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not for sale to South-Africa from the UK site:)-

Only exclusive to a few countries :)-

So I bought from the US site ;-)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well done to shendy for the tip off. Mine arrived first class free post today. Ooooh drool. Cant wait to read it, looks great. Retirement boredom averted.

·
Registered
437 Posts
same here... only (very slight) disappointment is that its the soft cover version. but for <£15 delivered I'm not that upset.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Are you folks saying the E-Version is not a download and/or not printable?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for being on the case with this Shendy, just ordered the printed version with Pidu's 10% voucher recommendation at £14.49.

Best result for me from this forum yet.

Cheers from sunny Berkshire!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Legibility is increasingly an issue

No you cannot download it.
You can print the sections but it will cost you a fortune; better buy the printed version.
I understand your point but I personally find the black and white illustrations in Haynes manuals hard to read at the best of times.

The ability to view photos in colour and zoom in or - occasionally - print parts of the manual is a real step forward for me. But if I can just take the laptop into the garage and view it there, I probably won't need to print much. Either way, it's a win-win.

I'm actually thinking of buying both the paper version and an annual subscription. After all, if you've just spent £12,000 on a bike, why worry about an extra £17?

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you can print it, a lot of software will allow you to select printer and then you "might" be able to "print to pdf". I have done that a number of times with online material.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a copy of the Real Honda Shop manual off E bay, a little pricey, but if you buy the hard (nice 3 ring binder) copy, you get the download too.
So now I have it on my PC as well as my Surface.
Very handy.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As I do with all of my bikes I purchased the OEM Shop/Service Manual. For the first time it bit me. The picture on 18-5 shows the rear wheel spacers reversed from the directions on 18-9. The directions are correct. Bit me 3 times before I took it into the Honda shop to ask what was wrong. We all got a good laugh out of it, and I got a bill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Haynes website says the manual covers models;

What's covered:
Honda CRF1000A 2016 - 2019
Honda CRF1000D 2016 - 2019
Honda CRF1000A2 Adventure Sport 2018 - 2019
Honda CRF1000D2 Adventure Sport 2018 - 2019

But strangely, if I enter the reg number of my UK DCT bike, it says there is no manual for it.

If you are signed up to the TopCashBack website, they currently give 25.2% discount on purchases.

·
Registered
116 Posts
...After all, if you've just spent £12,000 on a bike, why worry about an extra £17?
Reminds me of an '07 BMW X5 4.4 I owned (pre-2008 recession), now things are much different :crying: where forum members were complaining about getting 14 mpg and having to buy premium gasoline/petrol. I made a similar comment to yours since my X5 was $75k and could not believe the petty behaviour of the forum members. Thanks for that bit of humor :grin2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts