Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the recent years there have been many incarnations of how a head up display (HUD) should look and feel like to a motorcycle rider. One thing for sure is the implementations are getting better. One expectation might be is they could be a standard feature in some brands of helmets. As designs improve and become more effective, their falling prices are finally showing hope that the option to leverage the convenience will be in better reach to all.

This post hopes to capture the current trend of all things HUD for motorcyclists.

·
Super Moderator
1,773 Posts
Well that was a long video, I kept on getting confused after she zipped up her leather and had to rewind to that point a few times....

Just kidding..

Yea now that they got the voice commands working good, I’d like to see HUD’s working too. I would get/use one. Especially for trips it would be great..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Over the recent years there have been many incarnations of how a head up display (HUD) should look and feel like to a motorcycle rider. One thing for sure is the implementations are getting better. One expectation might be is they could be a standard feature in some brands of helmets. As designs improve and become more effective, their falling prices are finally showing hope that the option to leverage the convenience will be in better reach to all.

This post hopes to capture the current trend of all things HUD for motorcyclists.
Call me a Luddite. When it comes to cell phone use and compatibility. This is pushing and endorsing the exact same behaviour most of us complain about car drivers using while supposedly concentrating on driving their vehicle safely down the road we share with them. Other than emergency calls no call/text/voice mail is so important it cannot wait till the bike is stopped. Okay for GPS and vehicle information, maybe. My phone goes into my jacket pocket when I ride. I won't hear it if it rings and most likely won't feel it vibrate. If I forget to check my phone when I do get off the bike, so be it. That is a result of cell phones not existing for the first few decades of my life.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the head up display for GPS purposes. Beats (apparently by several seconds) glancing, looking, staring at any bar-mounted, sun-washed GPS or phone application. I think that is the point of HUD.

As for the phone, music, etc. support ... I don't care; don't use.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I totally agree with DoubleThumper. I would probably allow only calls from my direct family (wife, kid, parents) to get through while riding. No music, no other calls....just GPS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts