Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of adding the Camel adv windshield bracket I managed to drop one of the bolts into the headlight assembly. One should also read the written instructions in addition to watching the video. The written instructions warn of this problem. So I have stripped down the all the plastic and the headlight assembly is loose but for disconnecting the connector at the top center of the assembly. But unlike the other connectors I cannot find or see a release tab to allow the connector to be removed. Has anyone removed this connector? Do you pry it off? Any assistance is appreciated. I hate to be stumped by something which is probably simple but hesitate to go any further given I may break an expensive assembly.
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
The connector just pulls off. Remove the grey rubber boot and wiggle it off.
I removed mine over the weeken while installing a USB charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it disconnected. When the shop installed the aux plug they wrapped the cable around the release for the plug to the Head light assembly. That prevented me from seeing the clip release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts