Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
You've got the full-on nasty Transformer face going on there. Looks really cool!

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,007 Posts
Got my guards yesterday. Put them on today. Aliexpress. 60 bucks.
Was looking at them too, just curious on how well they fit and how easy they went on and come off for cleaning..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks on Transformer look! Favorite movie! Come off and go on with ease! The other clear plastic guard to me I think look like a problem comming. Held on by Velcro? Now 3 surfaces to get dirty to cut down lighting. Looks like it's a deal now without fog lights? I've only rode in the dark once, but now most of the roads are lit and don't need own lighting till you get out of towns. And I like the transformer look myself. Things could change though. Thanks for inputs. Don.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Never bought them for any of my bikes. Never chipped or broken a headlight in 49 years of riding.
IMHO all they do is block the forward light spread and make it hard to clean the bugs and dirt off.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The headlight guard is like an insurance policy, you betting problems will occur and the insurance actuarial betting they will not. At stake is an OEM-=priced headlight module for $1,800 or after-maket for about $1,350 plus labor. I bought a set for mine the could not make the mount play nice in the sandbox with my Heed bar mount up front, so sold it to a friend who could make it work with his GIVI bars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Help, how do I upload a picture? I've done it before but can't figure it out this time.
I've loaded the pictures to my computer, then uploaded to the "go advanced" area. Now when I try to drag the jpg file to the box it won't take them. Geeeezzzzzzzzz, this is driving me crazy. AltRider headlight guards $160. Expensive, yes. But $1,700 for headlights is crazy.

·
Registered
415 Posts
The headlight guard is like an insurance policy, you betting problems will occur and the insurance actuarial betting they will not. At stake is an OEM-=priced headlight module for $1,800 or after-maket for about $1,350 plus labor. I bought a set for mine the could not make the mount play nice in the sandbox with my Heed bar mount up front, so sold it to a friend who could make it work with his GIVI bars.
I agree its a bet, and I used to get broken headlights all the time on cars and bikes but since headlights changed over to plastic have never seen a broken one. I do put clear vinyl wrap over the lights and other bits of body work that get damaged with gravel rash, every year or two I pull that off and replace it looks like new. I have seen stones go through bike body panels never through a headlight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts