Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
3,288 Posts
I can't say that I have. Maybe adjust the angle of the controls a little might help. Not sure. Might just be something that you adjust to over time.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I keep turning on the heated grips while standing on my 2018 ATAS. Anyone else having this issue?
Check how your bars are adjusted. Honda dealers usually mount the bars rolled back a lot. I prefer my bars with the first bend out of the clamps parallel to the forks. Much easier when standing as more room in the cockpit. Adjust your levers as you like (15 degree below flat) so your elbows flare to absorb shocks.
Just loosen the clamps and roll the bars forward until the bend is parallel to the forks (easiest to observe when standing. Make sure you are happy seated - might have to roll them back just a bit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check how your bars are adjusted. Honda dealers usually mount the bars rolled back a lot. I prefer my bars with the first bend out of the clamps parallel to the forks. Much easier when standing as more room in the cockpit. Adjust your levers as you like (15 degree below flat) so your elbows flare to absorb shocks.
Just loosen the clamps and roll the bars forward until the bend is parallel to the forks (easiest to observe when standing. Make sure you are happy seated - might have to roll them back just a bit.
Thanks, I will try that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts