Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
It would be great to hear how you get on Diamondgeezer. I've ordered them even tho. the ones on the demo I tried were a bit feeble. Thought they were maybe a duff set but hearing this I'm thinking they might just not be very good...
Same here. Heated grips on both demo bikes I tried were Luke warm on the highest setting. Similar to the halfway setting on my triumph

· Registered
77 Posts
My bike's arrived, and the heated grips were on back order until April-ish, so I've cancelled the grips order and got them to fit some Oxford Adventure grips, which at £65 are £200 cheaper than the Honda ones. They may not have the tidiness of the integration of the Honda ones, but at least I know they'll keep my hands toasty on cold days.
The dealer did tell me that Honda know there's a problem with the factory ones (i.e., they'd asked the dealer if anyone had mentioned it on demo rides, especially as these have been during January), but whether they'll sort it out is yet to be seen
Like I mentioned earlier, I used a laser Thermo on the Honda grips once warmed up on their hottest setting and they weren't even 30deg, when the factory ones on my triumph are circa 50deg
Surely, if you're going to have 5 settings on the factory grips, you want the hottest one to be nice and toasty

· Registered
77 Posts
Honda are normally very good with this sort of thing, so Im sure it'll get sorted
I think the problem lies in the fact they've tried to make the heated grips so slim, so there's just not the space for the wire, and for the heat to dissipate properly rather than in spots if they just upped the current.
I have the oxford ones fitted, and they get very warm, but the fitment isn't anything like as tidy as the Honda ones. However, they are £235 cheaper
Grips can be retro fitted easily enough, so perhaps those are getting orders soon would be wise to cancel the grips order, and give Honda a bit of time to come up with a solution

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.