Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin 2019 DCT ADS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a 2019 adventure sport DCT for the life of me I cannot work out how to turn the heated grips on I presume that all adventure sports are fitted with Heated grips
I have watched videos and read the manual but my FN button only seems to toggle between the volume and the lights
Any ideas
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,616 Posts
To programme them is easy, locate the red plug under the pillion seat on the right side.

Hood Automotive design Bag Sleeve Automotive lighting

Short the two wires as per the below pic. The pic (not mine, posted by someone else on the forum) shows a paperclip or similar, I just used a thin piece of electrical wire.

Hand Circuit component Automotive lighting Finger Thumb

Then follow the instructions per the heated grip install pdf.

Font Auto part Parallel Engineering Circle
Font Rectangle Parallel Electronic device Screenshot
Rectangle Font Parallel Terrestrial plant Circle
Font Rectangle Terrestrial plant Number Screenshot

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin 2019 DCT ADS
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep
To programme them is easy, locate the red plug under the pillion seat on the right side.

View attachment 72281

Short the two wires as per the below pic. The pic (not mine, posted by someone else on the forum) shows a paperclip or similar, I just used a thin piece of electrical wire.

View attachment 72282

Then follow the instructions per the heated grip install pdf.

View attachment 72283 View attachment 72284 View attachment 72285 View attachment 72286
Worked a treat thanks

·
Registered
2017 DCT, 2021 Adv Sport ES DCT
515 Posts
@Hood , thanks! I think you may have just answered a question that I will face with my hack build on a 2021 ATAS ES. I am replacing the forks with a leading link and the rear with an Ohlins unit, so will likely need to disable the electronic suspension, once forks and shocks are changed out.

Reactions: Hood

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
@Hood , thanks! I think you may have just answered a question that I will face with my hack build on a 2021 ATAS ES. I am replacing the forks with a leading link and the rear with an Ohlins unit, so will likely need to disable the electronic suspension, once forks and shocks are changed out.
(dang) Seems a shame to have to disable such a premium Honda feature.

·
Registered
2017 DCT, 2021 Adv Sport ES DCT
515 Posts
(dang) Seems a shame to have to disable such a premium Honda feature.
My thoughts as well... However, decided that I wanted full Ohlins suspension on the front leading links and hack wheel, so decided to do the rear also, as part of the build.

Will have some great parts for sale with 600 miles on them, once the build is done, thought!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts