Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I mounted Heed crash bars a week ago, no testing, yet...

Is there any source for what bash guards will work with the Heed bunker bars?
I don't mind doing a bit of modifying to get the guard to fit but don't have the capability to weld or fabricate aluminum.

The bike is great, 2017 AT standard bought new a month ago. Already has a 3 day camping trip through the back roads of Northern California and survived just fine.

Thanks for any advise on the bash guard.

RM14

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have the Heed bars on my ATAS and the bash guard fits fine - so could you fit the sport guard to your standard AT ? Just a thought

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stock one fits fine, I'd like something that has more protection for the engine and headers.
RM14

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
85 Posts
Hi all,
I mounted Heed crash bars a week ago, no testing, yet...

Is there any source for what bash guards will work with the Heed bunker bars?
I don't mind doing a bit of modifying to get the guard to fit but don't have the capability to weld or fabricate aluminum.

The bike is great, 2017 AT standard bought new a month ago. Already has a 3 day camping trip through the back roads of Northern California and survived just fine.

Thanks for any advise on the bash guard.

RM14
Curious how long shipping for the Heed bars took when you ordered them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I recall correctly, two or three weeks.
Shipping right now is a nightmare so no doubt it will take longer these days.

RM14

·
Registered
2017 DCT
342 Posts
I put a Black Dog Cycle Works bash plate on with the Heed Bunker bars. It required a notch cut out of the back, left side, but was not too painful to do.

The combo is good, offers lots of protection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts