Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Heed crash bar/cage from Poland a few months ago. This is a really well designed piece of equipment! It required careful finagling to get it to fit up, but when you get it, it is a very good, snug and secure fit. And it looks really friggin good on the bike...and the price was awesome compared to some of the other stuff out there that does not protect nears as much as the Heed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tested mine today on the ATAS. They protected the bike very well. While the dip stick is annoying l would still buy these for the high level of protection they give. They are such good value.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also installed the full version from Heed, for the DCT version.
They fit perfectly. It is recommended to fix the screws finally, after positioning all the screws.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought Heed crash bars for my ATAS DCT 2018 by the end of november. Received on monday 4 january. It took a will to receive them, but it was Christmas holidays and for sure increased the delivery time.
I will install them as soon as possible.

Just for curiosity, has anyone painted the Heed crash bars in white, just like Outback Motortek white option?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just installed them. My mechanic struggled a bit to fit them right on the front. The front piece under the headlights the part that join both the right and the left side. One of the wholes was not aligned. The left side was higher than the right. It was necessary to cut a bit the whole to level things up. After a bit, all looks good.

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
335 Posts
Starmad I have same color as you but I didn,t have no problems with mounting. If you want to paint it white then you could better ask Heed or they have these in white. You can always paint it with hammerite

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just asked for curiosity. Other brands have the white option. But for now I'm good. Don't even want to test the crash bars. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is the alignment of the central piece. It is noticeable a lip (can't find other word) that was even worse, if the wholes on the left and right part wouldn't be cutted a bit.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
85 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ATAS DCT
85 Posts
:ROFLMAO: I hear ya. Makes you wonder what's wrong with the bike frame.
Lolz, thankfully ive seen other pics with the same outcome, so its certainly not a "my bike" problem. It actually appears that the right side bar is longer in the front than the left one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts