Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am considering installing the heed crash bars, the full-frame bunker version.

Could owners of these tell me if they allow enough space for removal of the fairing for air filters change for example?

Thank you,

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the Heed on my ATAS. A week after fitting the bars I wanted to remove the right hand fairing. I couldn't get the panel out with the bars in situ but I could get it out with the rear mounts and front upper disconnected and the lower front loosened.
It added maybe 15mins to the job so not to bad.
The Heed bars are far superior to the Honda lights bars as regards to protection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Heed on my ATAS. A week after fitting the bars I wanted to remove the right hand fairing. I couldn't get the panel out with the bars in situ but I could get it out with the rear mounts and front upper disconnected and the lower front loosened.
It added maybe 15mins to the job so not to bad.
The Heed bars are far superior to the Honda lights bars as regards to protection.
Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have bunkers and have to remove them to get the fairings off. The fairings take longer to get off than the bars.
I had too remove them too, but for me taking of the fairing is quicker than the bars.

At first I tried struggling with the bars still on, but it turned out to be a waste of time...
It was a good idea to ask around here before struggling and wasting your own time too :smile2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts