Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Jock,

black version also looks also nice. Your skid plate is also replaced?
I was looking for gold bars like my wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
I like those Heed bars, to bad they don’t sell or ship to the US.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
1,771 Posts
They actually do ship to the US. The current situation prevents them from shipping across the pond since there are no Transatlantic flights ATM.
as far as I know air freight is still going, but the service they use isn’t , tho they don’t seem to have an issue shipping across Europe, but i’m guessing that since they ship for “free” the current cost to ship here is probably through the roof. Guess if they had a US distribution point it would of been ok for a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just fitted my Heed bars on my ATAS manual. Took probably 2.5hrs at a nice steady pace. Very happy with the fit and relieved I didn’t have to take off the exhaust :).
Will be keeping an eye on the coolant pipes for any chaffing as it runs very close. All in all, very happy.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Just fitted my Heed bars on my ATAS manual. Took probably 2.5hrs at a nice steady pace. Very happy with the fit and relieved I didn’t have to take off the exhaust :).
Will be keeping an eye on the coolant pipes for any chaffing as it runs very close. All in all, very happy.
View attachment 53891
Well done Tim. Looks alright in black.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've gone for these Heed rear bars, mainly to assist when pushing the bike back into my garage and to have an anchor point for my rear bag. Three days shipping from order placed in the UK.
Ive not seen those before...quite like those.
Mainly the reasons you say as well as a bit of plastic protection, wonder if you could use those for a pillion instead of the woeful strap.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'll get them on tomorrow and get some pics. 1st thing I did was unbolt that strap thing and throw it in my toolbox!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Fitted the rear Heed bars this morning, easy to fit, all fittings lined up perfectly, just what I was looking for to strap a bag to my standard model and ease pushing the bike around,
Yeah they look not bad at all, and got to provide a bit of plastic protection in case of a fall.
Thanks for the piccys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
i like the looks of the Heed, they seem much sturdier than the outback And the price even shipping to Canada is great.

has anyone mounted a skid plate with the heed crash bars? Would the outback skid plate fit or would there be interferences?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ordered the Heed bars today. Came out to $503 Canadian Including 63Euros for shipping. Seems like a pretty fair price. Says they will ship in 24 hours so will be interesting how long it will take to arrive from Poland.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Has someone who installed the HEED Bunker crashbars on the CRF 1100 ADV Sports DCT started to feel a vibration in the right footpeg around 4k rpm ? I think i’t because of this piece that attaches directly on the fooftpeg. Can I solve it?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts