Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have the HEL kit.....a bit of a nightmare to fit TBH. I’d contact HEL and see if they’d do a kit for the main lines to the calipers only as I don’t think the four needed to run to and from the ABS unit are really needed. They’re pretty short, access is difficult and the difference in feel between the rubber lines and braided lines in such short lengths I’m not sure would be that noticeable. You could also get them to extend the front line that sweeps over the front guard by an inch to allow for the raised mudguard.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Heres another option. Camel ADV has a combo kit with a raised front fender with HEL™ or Galfer™ braided stainless steel brake hoses for the front. You have to pick your own fender and fork shields. They do offer several suggestions on sale right now for $249.

Camel Fender Riser and braided brake lines

For my AT. Rear brakes feel good, but the front are a little squishy and could use some improvement. Also would agree with Davy F, you don't need to replace the short lines. Unless of course you just want a full set

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
cheers gents ill send a mail off to HEL and see what happens, I'll post up here as well. I put these on my Fireblade and difference was night and day but that's not ABS tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts