Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for accepting me into the forum.

Just recently bought a 19 Africa Twin, my first "adventure bike." I'm a Harley Mechanic at a Dealership and have rode Harleys for years. About 10 years ago I first watch Long Way Round/Long Way Down and thought it would be awesome to tour on a bike in any terrain out there. re-watched them again not too long ago and got the adventure bike fever, bad.

After doing a ridiculous amount of research I decided on the Africa Twin and pulled the trigger. Loving it so far, mostly using it to commute right now, while I wait for my crash guards, and tires to come in. There have been so many motorcycle trips I have been on that I would see a Trail that Id love to go down that I just wouldn't want to do on a Harley. Now I cant wait to go hit some trails and get lost in the wilderness.

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Chimera07 and congratulations on your 2019 Africa Twin acquisition.

Yeah, the fever, bad thang, ... understood.

Nice cat by the way.

·
Registered
2017 DCT
342 Posts
Welcome!

I think you will have a blast. I used to ride a Honda Valkyrie down roads and trails that it absolutely should not have been on. The AT has cured the problem; I now go where I want without sweating it!

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
Well understood. I've taken a Virago 1100 on gravel roads and to say the least, it was not enjoyable. In most cases the alternative was to turn around / go around and eventually run out of gas. :|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts