Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Mesa Arizona. Just got my silver DCT last week. Weather is great here and I had an awesome 200+ mile break in ride last weekend. I'm loving this bike. Couple of items I'm looking to get soon and these forums have been a great help. First up is crash bars and bash plate (looking at SW-Motech, Outback Motortek, or Altrider (wont be released until 2nd week of March)). Also looking at panniers - Globescout has some customs with the exhaust cutout, but they are on the large size (45L). Also need a taller windscreen.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey AZAT Welcome,

I was in Phoenix today and it was great weather and everything is getting green. Definitely makes for some great riding weather.

But I am in the other part of AZ that is still cold and expecting more snow this weekend. I am waiting on my 2017 bike to be delivered in April.

Which dealer did you get yours from in the valley? I shopped around down there but the local dealer here, Northland Motorsports, gave me a good deal. Discounted the MSRP, no shipping, no set up, but a $250 doc fee.

When it gets to 120 deg down there it will be great riding weather up here. AZ is a great place and we have some amazing riding areas.

Enjoy the new toy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey High Country - I really enjoy your part of the state - family and I will be up there the week after next. I started at GOAZ, but ended up buying from Western Honda. I think they gave me a great deal and it was below MSRP. I basically shopped around the country for the best price and Western matched it. They are easy to work with and the deal went smoothly. I almost went with the GS800 because I was tired of waiting, but then dealers got lots of 2016's in and were willing to deal. I rode both of them and the AT just felt better to me. I've never had an automatic shift before, but I'm finding I really like it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Western Honda has a great reputation and I did look at what they had, but never spoke to them.

I loved a Triumph 800 at GOAZ but even after they lowered it to $11,900 it was still $16,000 OTD with all of their add on fees. The 800 GS just was not that exciting and riding it did not give me much of a thrill. That convinced me to just go with the Honda, service will be much less, worldwide, and less costly. And it is getting rave reviews for the type of riding I want to do with it.

We will have to get together and do some High Country exploring!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts