Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Honda CRF1000L is the first bike from Honda, that IMO, is worth getting excited about since the passing of Mr. Soichiro Honda. I haven't been too impressed with the direction Honda has taken for quite a while now. They've been very conservative and seem more interested in bringing new, entry-level riders into riding. This is a VERY good thing but hasn't produced many of the amazing bikes they have manufactured in the past. The new CRF seems to place Honda right back into the thick of things again. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the new CRF and seeing how it continues to develop. The aftermarket is probably already in full-tilt R&D mode.

Davo

·
Registered
274 Posts
The new Honda CRF1000L is the first bike from Honda, that IMO, is worth getting excited about since the passing of Mr. Soichiro Honda. I haven't been too impressed with the direction Honda has taken for quite a while now. They've been very conservative and seem more interested in bringing new, entry-level riders into riding. This is a VERY good thing but hasn't produced many of the amazing bikes they have manufactured in the past. The new CRF seems to place Honda right back into the thick of things again. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about the new CRF and seeing how it continues to develop. The aftermarket is probably already in full-tilt R&D mode.

Davo
Hey Davo welcome to the boards. I have to agree with you about the aftermarket. The margins to be made in the ADV market are ridiculouS!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aftermarket tank and Luggage. I want 600+ km range. I hate hiding jerrycans in the middle of nowhere or spending my day stopping to fill up. Hopefully the stock seat will be decent enough for all day riding, or that's on my list also.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Aftermarket tank and Luggage. I want 600+ km range. I hate hiding jerrycans in the middle of nowhere or spending my day stopping to fill up. Hopefully the stock seat will be decent enough for all day riding, or that's on my list also.
I saw one guy who rigged up a dummy exhaust that was actually an aux fuel tank aha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts